Mother Teresa Women's University
Mother Teresa Women's University is a state university established by the Government of Tamil Nadu in the year 1984 by the enactment of TN State Act 15. The university is located at Kodaikanal, a scenic hill station tucked away in the Palani hills of South India. The vision of the university is to empower women through quality Education and training. It aims at extending services to women students of all communities.
The university strives for Academic Excellence and Personality Development and gives equal importance for promotion of employment prospects to young girls of the state. The university has been accredited with B++ grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
The main objectives of the university are:
- To Promote Quality Education to Women at all levels
- To identify and address the emerging needs
- To contribute to women-in-Development
- To carryout research facilitating pro women policies
Mother Teresa Women's University is well equipped with Library, Internet access, Laboratories, hostel etc. The various other facilities available within the university are:
- Reference Service
- Reprography Service
- Internet and EMail Facility
- E journal subscription-UGC Infonet has given the provision for searching the - full text journal - free text journal - abstract form journals - contenwise journals thourgh kluwer and springer online - 2500 journals are available approximately.
- INFLIBNET - connectivity
- Indexing Service
- Abstracting Service
- Documentation Service
For further information related to MTWU click on the links provided below: