The eligibility criteria for admission to B.Tech and M.Tech courses in VIT is given below:
1. A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% ofmarks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB).
2. A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks inPhysics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology(PCM / PCB) forCandidates belonging to SC/ST and Students hailing from Jammu &Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur,Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
Note: Candidateshailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Assam,Meghalaya, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradeshshould fill in CERTIFICATE TO PROVE NATIVITY proforma given inAppendix-VI.
These documents should be produced at the time of counselling, failing which they will not be considered for admission.
3. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes.
4. Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligibleonly for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Biotechnology & BiomedicalEngineering programmes.
5. Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March/April of the year of entrance examination are also eligible.
B.E/B.Tech. Degree in the respective field of engineering or any other equivalent degree of any recognized university.
Seats can be reserved by payment of an advance of 2,000 USD for B.Tech Courses, 1,000 USD for all other Courses.
This advance will be adjusted while paying the first year fees. TheDemand Draft to be drawn in favour of Vellore Institute of Technology,Vellore has to be sent to the address along with a letter.