Annamalai University BE Full Time
Annamalai University offers four years full time degree program in engineering i.e. Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) through various engineering departments. The university conducts an entrance examination for admission into these courses.
Candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu only can apply. The degree awarded are recognized from governing bodies like All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and University Grants Commission (UGC).
Annamalai University BE Full Time Exam Dates 2012
- AU BE Full Time Examination Day : Sunday, 1 July, 2012
Annamalai University BE Full Time Programs 2012Annamalai University (AU) offers Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) degree programs in following disciplines:
- Civil Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
Annamalai University BE Full Time Eligibility Criteria
The Eligibility Criteria for admission to Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) Degree Courses in Annamalai University and appearing in entrance exam is given below
- Candidates belonging to the state of Tamil Nadu can only apply.
- The wards of Central Govt. employees and the candidates of other state whose parents / guardian are working in the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply.
For admission to first year of the four year Bachelor of Engineering course, a candidate must need to fulfill any one of the following qualification.
- A pass in H.Sc (Academic) with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- A pass in H.Sc (Vocational Stream) with Engineering Vocational subjects and one of the related subjects like Mathematics, Physics.
- Diploma in one of the courses like Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical and Computer Science and Engineering.
- Any other equivalent qualification approved by the Annamalai University.
Minimum Marks For Category I and III
- Community (1) - Higher Secondary (Academic) / Higher Secondary(Vocation) / Diploma Holders.*
- O.C. - 60% average in the related subjects
- B.C. - 55% average in the related subjects
- MBC/DNC - 50% average in the related subjects
- SC/ST - Mere pass
* Average in V & VI Semesters
Annamalai University BE Full Time Admission Process
An Entrance Examination is conducted by the University generally in the month of May every year. The final selection is made on the basis of performance in qualifying examination and performance in the entrance examination.
Date of Entrance Examination: The entrance examination is generally held in May.
For exact dates of Annamalai University B.E. Full Time Entrance Examination, Click Here
Annamalai University BE Full Time Seat Reservation
Seat Allocation of Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Full Time of Annamalai University is given below.
The total available seats for AU BE Full Time degree program are 706 at present. The seat distribution is as follows.
- Open Competition 31%
- Backward Class 30%
- Most Backward Class 20%
- Scheduled Caste 18%
- Scheduled Tribe 1%
Among the above reservations, 3% seats have been included for disabled persons laid down by the Government.
- Twenty one seats are reserved on the request of the Government of India, Ministry of Human Resources Development (Department of Education) for
- Foreign students
- Students from Indian States and Union Territories lacking facilities, and
- Sons and wards of India-based staff posted abroad etc.
- Two seats are reserved for sons and daughters of defence personnel selected by Kendriya Sainik Board, Ministry of Defence, Government of India.
Eighty one seats are reserved for the following groups
- Thirty six seats are reserved for candidates with proficiency in sports and games. These candidates should have distinguished themselves as outstanding sportsmen / players representing the Nation, State, Universities and Districts and they should produce evidence to show that they have distinguished themselves in sports and games.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are physically handicapped, provided the handicap is not such as would render them unable to pursue the programme; a certificate from an authorized Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon should be furnished. Myopia will not be considered as a handicap.
- Thirty three seats are reserved for candidates who are children / nominees of those who have notably contributed to the development of Muthamizh (Iyal, Isai and Nadagam). They should produce certificates from competent people who have highly distinguished themselves in the respective fields.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are either the grand-sons or grand-daughters of freedom fighters. They should produce certificates to this effect given by a Revenue Official not below the rank of a Tahsildar.
- Three seats are reserved for candidates who are the sons and daughters of ex-servicemen/servicing personnel in defence forces belonging to Tamil Nadu Certificates are to be produced from appropriate authorities in the Armed Forces or from any Officer concerned who is Grade A or B in State/Central Service.
Annamalai University Contact DetailsAnnamalai University
Annamalai Nagar - 608 002
Tamil Nadu, India
Tel : 91 - 4144 - 238248/263/796
FAX : 91 - 4144 - 238080
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Website : www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
VRS : +91 - 4144 237356/237357/237358/237359 (Voice-net)